Friday, October 6, 2017

You've Been Disavowed is now available: a story-game with bad spies and awesome drinks


"You get so nervous when you're making anything espionage related," said my girlfriend. And it's true. I've had a life long passion for the absurdity, bright colors, and dangerous liaisons of the James Bond, Graham Greene, Pink Panther, etc universes. There's something very musical about the spy genre that I've always wanted to capture.

You've Been Disavowed represents a final attempt to simulate the narrative of a super-spy movie, letting players tear out the guts of the genre tropes and archetypes and assemble something unique.

The prototype document is available for download (it's free) on my itch.io page. I'm still searching for playtesters, so if you dig this kind of thing please reach out to me via your preferred method (carrier pigeons accepted at this time).

I'm also thinking of designing special character sheets. Playtesters will get these docs for free - everyone else will be able to buy them for $2 off my itch.io page.

No comments:

Post a Comment